This is my ideal brunch meal – easy to make so there is less time in the kitchen and more time with loved ones sipping warm herbal teas, seasonal fruit and enjoying Sydney’s beautiful weather.
Kale is jam packed full of health benefits; Protein, vitamins and minerals, Iron, Calcium and vitamin K. However the way these nutrients are found in kale, the body has a little bit of difficulty breaking them down, so to make these nutrients more bio-available we need to heat it and wilt the delicious leaves. You can do this by steaming, baking, sautéing.
The turmeric in this recipe, brings a warming earthness to the recipe whilst supporting the body’s natural anti-inflammatory pathways as well as natural detoxification pathways. The leeks also contain sulphur which further support liver detoxification – in other words with each bite, your body will be saying a big THANK YOU.
This recipe serves two people
- 1 bunch of curly kale, washed, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ brown onion finely diced
- 1- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 – 2 tsp organic ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- a pinch of salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- organic free range eggs – aim for 2 per person
- In a medium pan heat oil and add in leeks, onion, kale and sauté until leeks are slightly golden and kale has wilted.
- while one pan is cooking the kale, start on the eggs – I like mine poached or very lightly fried but soft boiled will be delicious too
- Add in remaining tomatoes, turmeric, herbs and spices and continue to sauté until softened – but still a little bit crunchy.
- Once everything is cooked, serve with ripe avocado and sprinkle with fresh parsley and sesame seeds