Pesto is one of the most versatile foods you can make, add it into pasta, as a dip, on sprouted toast with fresh vegetables, added on roasted vegetables – the list is pretty much endless! This recipe is simple, delicious that the whole family will love.
My version of pesto is rich in vitamins and minerals, good fats, fibre and very importantly taste!
- 2 large curly kale leaves, washed and removed from the steam.
- ½ cup of fresh basil
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- ½ a ripe avocado – this will make the pesto extra creamy
- 2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1. In a food processor place the nuts and seeds and process until roughly chopped.
- 2. Add in remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- 3. Store in an airtight container or enjoy straight away