Almond coconut macaroons (inspired by Aimee robins) these recipe took no more than 5 mins to prep and 10 mins to bake! The perfect gluten free treat and best of all these little macaroons are jam packed full of fibre!
Coconut flour contains 38.5g per 100g!! And the dedicated coconut contain 16g/100g! This is massive! The almond and coconut spread help to boost the protein levels helping you to curve those snacking moments.
1.5 cups of dedicated coconut
3 heaped tbsp coconut flour
1-2 tbsp almond/coconut spread (I used cocopure)
2 egg whites
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Using your hands, mix the mixture together until it starts to sit.
3. Form into small balls and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 mins (fan forced).
4. Let cool before removing from baking tray, once cooled they keep their form.
5. Once cooled, enjoy straight away – these little macaroons with last a couple of days in the fridge,but are just perfect moments from the oven.