This is a deliciously simple and easy recipe that the whole family will enjoy. The best thing about this recipe, is how versatile it is! – you can use any combination of ingredients that you have in the refrigerator or your favourite combo of veggies.
I like mine quite spicy, so I pop some fresh chilli in whilst I’m sautéing my veggies but it is really up to you.
Serves one – I cook up larger amounts of the filling and double the egg ingredients for 2 people.
2 organic free range eggs, lightly whisked
splash of water or milk
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp chopped parsley (optional)
salt and pepper to season
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, brushed (and/or peeled)
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes – chopped in half
1 cup baby spinach, washed
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 – 1/2 fresh chilli
pinch of Dulse flakes
pinch of turmeric, paprika and any other spices you may love
1. In a small mixing bowl, add in the wet ingredients and whisk together. set aside.
2. In a medium sized pan, sauté the mushrooms, tomatoes, baby spinach and herbs and spices – using a low flavour organic coconut oil. set aside.
3. In a non stick (chemical free- i use ceramic) pan, over a low heat – gently pour the egg mixture into the pan. Moving the pan in a circular motion, sure the whole base of the pan is covered in egg. Let the mixture sit until you see it start to cook though.
4. place your sautéed vegetables on top of the egg mixture in the pan and using a flat spatula flip half over so that it is all covered.
5. Serve and enjoy straight away – sprinkle with dried oregano
Optional fillings: Avocado, goats cheese, died nuts and seeds, zucchini, olives, sundried tomatoes