The other day I just felt like muesli, gluten free, delicious and more importantly healthy muesli. Standing in front of about 10 different varieties non of them seamed quite right.
When choosing a muesli here are a few things to Avoid:
– Sugar; Added, natural occurring, dried fruit sweetened with sugar and fruit juices – there is no reason that they need to enter your body
– preservatives; go as real as possible
– (for me) Gluten, wheat, oats ect
This recipe is Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Wheat Free, Almost Paleo, Vegan and Vegetarian.
1 cup of Loving Earth Buckinis – or you can activate your own
1 cup of sulphur free chipped coconut
1 cup of sliced almonds
1/2 cup of pepitas
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup linseeds (also known as flax seeds)
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp mestique powder
1 tsp (or more) of organic cinnamon powder
optional add ins * see note *
1. In a glass jar, pop all the ingredients together and give a good stir.
2. Enjoy 1/4 cup of muesli (per serve) with fresh berries / organic sheep yoghurt / fresh nut milk /
* 2 tbsp sulphur free organic currents
* 1 serving of organic vanilla pea protein
* toasting the ingredients
* adding in some delicious dehydrated berries: goji berries, incaberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries