I love anything that is quick, easy and delicious to cook! These Nut Bars fit perfectly into all three of those categories!
All you need is one large mixing bowl, a food processor (or a knife and some elbow grease) a pan and a fridge! TADA! These Nut bars are so easy for children to make, just remember they are best enjoyed at home as to avoid nut allergies at school x
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, refined sugar free
2 cups of almonds, roughly chopped/processed
1 cup of walnuts, roughly chopped/processed
1/2 cup chipped coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp linseeds (flaxseeds)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
a pinch of macrobiotic sea salt
1/2 cup organic pure nut butter (almond, peanut ect)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1. I n a food processor, place the nuts and process until roughly chopped. transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining dry ingredients into the bowl and using your hands mix together.
3. In a small pan, heat coconut oil, rice malt and nut butter until smooth. once slightly cooled add to the bowl and with a large spoon (or your hands if cooled) mix together so that everything is coated.
4. Place mixture into a lined baking tray and pop into the freezer until hardened.
5. With a warm knife cut the Bars into your desired size. Store in the fridge and enjoy straight away
Note: flaxseeds and linseeds are the same seed – pumpkin seeds and pepitas are the same seed