Sundays call for pancakes… and when your have spent the last two days sitting in hospital with a partner and his grumpy appendix sundays call for CHOCOLATE pancakes!
Buckwheat flour tends to be a little bit dry, however I have found by separating the eggs, whipping the egg whites and gently folding them through gives them a light fluffy texture.
You can watch a video HERE on the Dandelion Lane Instagram page to see how its done x
This recipe is: Gluten free, Grain free, Paleo, Refined sugar free, Vegetarian, Dairy free
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup of organic buckwheat flour
1 cup of nut milk
2 heaped tablespoons of Cacao powder Or Healthy Chef Naked Chocolat (I liked Naked Chocolat as it is sweet without any sweeteners added)
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder a pinch of salt
1 tablesoon honey/rice malt/ maple syrup
M E T H O D
1. Whip egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
2. Add all the dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir.
3. Add in the egg yolk, nut milk and sweetener and whisk to combine.
4. Gently fold in the egg whites.
5. Heat a heavy base pan with a little bit of coconut oil and cook pancakes. note: I use a 1/4 cup to measure out the pancakes so that they are even.
6. Serve straight away with frozen/fresh berries, seasonal fruit and a drizzle of honey.
Health and Happiness, Alyce x