It’s time for a healthier take on a not so healthy biscuit. These Chocolate Raweos will not disappoint! A delicate chocolate biscuit with a lush cashew cream centre! Each nibble will tantalise your taste buds and have your soul humming!
Free from artificial sugars and processed wheat, these little nibbles hit all the health ticks! They even give you a little protein boost, making them perfect for when those afternoon sugar cravings hit. My tip for this recipe : make a little extra, you will be very glad you did!
This Recipe is Raw, Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free, Refined sugar free, High Protein
I N G R E D I E N T S
B I S C U I T B A S E
1 cup of organic almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3 fresh dates, pitted
C A S H E W C R E A M
1 cup of cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1 tablespoon honey / maple syrup / rice malt syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
M E T H O D
1. Start by making your biscuit base. Add all the ingredients into a food processor and process until roughly chopped. The mixture should stick together when pushed between your fingers. Add a little extra water or coconut oil to help stick if needed.
2. Remove the mixture from the food processor into a mixing bowl, place into the fridge to harden.
3. After a quick rinse its time to make the cashew cream. Place the soaked cashews and honey in the food processor and process.
4. While the machine is on, slowly add your nut milk until mixture is smooth and creamy.
5. Place cashew cream into a piping bag and place in the fridge.
6. Remove biscuit base from the fridge and roll out (note: place baking paper down to prevent sticking), use a cookie cutter to cut even shapes.
7. Remove cashew cream from the fridge. On every second biscuit, pipe the cashew cream into the middle. Top with the other biscuit.
Health and Happiness,