Growing up on Sydney’s Northern beaches, you have an appreciation for summer! Your exercise routine changes from a light jog to a sprint across the hot golden sand and after work meetings turn into sunset swims and BBQ’s with friends and family.
Nothing says summer more than ice cream! In a tub, waffle cone or little wooden stick Australians LOVE ice cream!
I wanted to create a wholesome dairy free ice cream that everyone can enjoy! This recipe is free from sugar making it perfect addition to any freezer this summer.
This recipe is Gluten free, Grain free, Dairy free, Refined Sugar free, Vegan
I N G R E D I E N T S
I C E C R E A M
1 can of organic coconut milk (preservative free – I love HONEST TO GOODNESS)
1 heaped tablespoon cacao powder (or more for extra chocolate flavour)
1 heaped tablespoon roasted almonds, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon filtered water or coconut water
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup / rice malt / honey
a pinch of sea salt
C H O C O L A T E D I P
1/2 block 70% dark chocolate
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon coconut milk (optional)
roasted almonds to sprinkle
M E T H O D
1. Finely chop the almonds and roast in a dry pan. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing jug add all the ingredients for the ice cream and mix well. Add most of the roasted almonds, but set some aside to sprinkle over ice cream.
3. Place the ice cream into ice block moulds with their sticks and place into the freezer overnight.
4. The next day, melt chocolate, coconut oil and coconut milk (if using ) in a bain marie – once silky and melted set aside to cool slightly.
5. Remove ice creams from their moulds and dip them in the slightly cooled melted chocolate.
6. Sprinkle with roasted almonds and return to the freezer.
Health and Happiness,