There is nothing quite as satisfying as a delicious and nutritious meal – you just know that with each bite your body is glowing and smiling from the inside out. I have been making this salad quite a bit lately, I ADORE how simple it is – because lets face it there is nothing fun about sitting in traffic for an hour after a long day at work and then spending 4 hours in the kitchen trying to create something different, healthy and delicious!
What I love about this salad is how versatile it is, you can swap out the salmon and use a white fish or even some prawns! Perfect for this gorgeous Sydney Summer!
Kale is one of those stunning green superfoods that has had a massive amount of good press at the moment and brussels sprouts are simply an oldie but goodie – both are a nutritional powerhouse! Kale is rich in phytonutrients to enhance liver detoxification, rich in Vitamin C for adrenal and immune support as well as a delicious source of minerals!
This Recipe is Gluten free, Dairy free, Grain free, Paleo, Vegetarian and your livers best friend!
I N G R E D I E N T S
KALE DETOX SALAD
1 bunch of tuscan kale
300g brussles sprouts
4 fresh shallots, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
chili flakes (optional but delicious)
one piece of sustainably caught salmon
HONEY SPICED ALMONDS
100g organic almonds
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
M E T H O D
1. With a sharp knife or mandolin slicer, thinly slice the tuscan kale and brussels spouts.
2. Add them to a medium-sized salad bowl + the juice from one lemon and olive oil. Using your hands gently massage the salad until softened.
3. Add shallots and mix again.
4. In a small pan, add almonds and lightly dry roast. Once golden add honey and chili and stir to evenly coat in the sweet sauce. once cooked set aside to cool.
5. Heat a cast iron pan (or BBQ) and cook the salmon until cooked through.
6. Serve salad and top with salmon and spiced honey almonds