Whats not to love about a fluffy gluten-free pancake, firstly they are quite hard to come by so when you get a good one its a keeper! For me pancakes are a special treat, we normally enjoy a savoury breakfast topped with eggs… mainly because we have a HUGE love for eggs and need a family of 20 chickens to keep up our habit! So when we DO have pancakes they must be amazing!
This recipe perfectly matches the earthy flavours of the buckwheat with the sweet delicious caramelisation of banana – pure foodie heaven!
This recipe is Gluten free, Grain free, Wheat free Dairy free, Vegetarian, Paleo + Refined sugar free!
1 whole ripe banana, halved and grilled on a BBQ
1 cup of organic buckwheat flour
1 cup of nut milk (or choice of milk)
1 tsp baking power
2 eggs, separated
1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut nectar/ rice malt/ honey / maple syrup
1. Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add the egg yolk, milk and coconut nectar to a small bowl and mix well. At this mixture to the dry and stir well.
3. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and gently fold the egg whites into the mixture.
4. Heat a small pan, add coconut oil and cook pancakes in even batches – I used a 1/4 measuring cup for each pancake.
5. Top pancake with banana and sprinkle with fresh nuts.
This recipe makes 10 scrumptious pancakes
Health and Happiness,