Veggie chips make a weekly appearance in our house! Sometimes they are regular potatoes, other times celeriac or daikon but usually, they are the humble sweet potato. Making these I wanted to give them a little bit of a spark; to make them more crunchy without the deep frying or another kitchen tool such as an air fryer.
All up they took 10 minutes to make, so they do take a little extra time however if your kids are old enough it’s a great task to get them into the kitchen and helping out!
By using olive oil on the wedges rather than egg you are also keeping them allergen friendly so they are a lunch box option too!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup of gluten free bread crumbs or sourdough bread crumbs if prefered
1 teaspoon dried italian mixed herbs
pinch of salt and pepper
olive oil or avocado oil
M E T H O D
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Chop your sweet potato into desired shapes, I went with rough wedges. Place into a mixing bowl and cover with olive oil.
- In a small flat bowl or plate place the bread crumbs and seasoning. using your fingers mix well.
- One by one add a wedge into the crumb mixture and coat well. Place onto a baking tray.
- Bake until cooked through, this will depend on the size of your chippies. For ours, they were in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve with dinner or as a side