There is nothing better than a quick and healthy dinner option, this is one of our go-to recipes! the salad dressing can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. As the salad is free from leafy greens, it is also perfect for work lunches as it doesn’t get soggy or you can make it ahead and dress the salad as needed.
To make it a complete meal simply add some protein such as grilled chicken, tofu, fish or beef. you can further balance the meal by adding in some food fat such as avocado!
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, high fibre, and vegan
E Q U I P M E N T
For this recipe, you will need a food processor, the grater disc and the shredder disc. I used the larger option for both of these, however, if you would like a more fine salad go for the smaller option.
If you do not have a food processer you are able to use a box grater for the carrots and a sharp knife for all the other ingredients. It will be just as delicious however will take a little bit longer to make.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1/4 medium wombok cabbage
1/4 medium red cabbage
3 medium carrots
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 tablespoons white and black sesame seeds, lightly roasted.
Juice from one lemon
2 tablespoons tamari sauce/gluten free soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon mirin
dried chili flakes (as desired)
M E T H O D
- Grab a large salad bowl and set aside. Next set up your food processor on the grating setting.
- Trim off the ends of the carrots and place through the good processer. Place carrots into the salad bowl.
- Next, change setting to shredding and shred the remaining cabbages. Place into the salad bowl.
- Finely slice the spring onions and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle over the roasted sesame seeds and dress the salad.