If you just love pancakes or you are paleo, gluten free or dairy free these pancakes are for you. Simple to prep and even easier to make, these pancakes are fluffy delicious and packed full of health benefits.
I love using coconut flour in my recipes and I often recommend it for my clients. Super high in protein this particular gluten free flour is beneficial for people trying to loss weight, balance blood glucose levels, support general health and wellbeing,
This recipe is the perfect for 2 adults – making 6-7 pancakes – due to the high fibre content of the coconut flour, you will be fuller for longer unlike pancakes high processed white flour counterpart. – to double the recipe for four people increase the eggs to 5 and double remaining ingredients.
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- 3 organic free range eggs
- 1/3 cup of organic coconut/almond/rice/nut milk
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- a pinch of cinnamon
- optional: 1/2 smashed banana to add sweetness to the mixture
(for this particular recipe I like to use almond milk, I find the light texture of the milk helps to balance the dense texture of the coconut flour)
- In a medium sized bowl, add in all the ingredients and whisk together until all there are no lumps – if the mixture is a little bit thick add 1 tbsp of extra milk.
- Heat a small frying pan on medium to low heat and add in ½ teaspoon of raw coconut oil. Once heated add in the portion of the pancake batter.
- Serve and enjoy straight away.
Topping options: coconut nectar, fresh berries, a squeeze of fresh lemon, raw honey
this recipe has been adored and adapted from http://www.nourishingdays.com/2010/07/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/