Coconut flour is one of my favourite gluten free (and grain free) flours, sweet and nutty it works in so many dishes. Coconut flour can be a little bit dense which makes it perfect for this cookie recipe.
This recipe is gluten and grain free, dairy free, sugar free, high fibre and vegetarian.
1 ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup chipped coconut
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 baking powder
1 tbsp chia seed egg
Small handful of fair trade 80% dark chocolate (dairy free) , roughly chopped
¼ cup slithered almonds
1 cup of homemade almond milk, or any nut milk of choice. Coconut milk will also work nicely for this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 150 degree Celsius
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the eggs, milk, rice malt syrup and eggs together. Once combined add in remaining dry ingredients and mix well. If still a little bit dry add a splash more of milk on a lined baking try, gently mould into cookie shapes. The mixture is should be crumbly so try not to play with the mixture to much.
3. Bake in the oven for 20 mins until the cookies are slightly golden, watch the oven closely In the last 5 minutes, they can turn very quickly.
4. Let the cookies cool completely before eating. Once cooled the cookie is less likely to crumble.
– You can use 4 eggs and add chia seeds in separate
– Variations: organic sulphur free currents would be yummy in this recipe
– You can leave out the almonds for school lunches and replace it with sunflower seeds or even fair trade chocolate chips.