I have been
a fan an addict of Mexican food for as long as I can remember! I can honestly say that my Mexican food choices have not always been the healthiest – I’m talking about you, 1kg cheese on my burrito! But you really can have your taco and eat it too!
This recipe inspiration all started with Honestly Crystal, not only do I get to see her every day at work, she spoils me with delicious treats! These 100% Australian grown and made corn tortillas were the most DELICIOUS tortillas I have EVER eaten! and with 22 tortillas in a packet you are able to enjoy them again, and again and again!
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free, Dairy free, Soy free, Grass Fed Beef
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 kg grass fed brisket
1 L beef stock ( + extra if needed)
1 brown onion, roughly chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
3 sticks of celery, chopped
5 (or more) pickled jalapeños + liquid
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
and any other spices you fancy
1/4 red cabbage
1 ripe avocado
greek yoghurt / sheep yoghurt
fresh chilis – optional
M E T H O D
1. In a cast iron / dutch oven, add a little bit of olive oil and brown the meat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and sauté until lightly cooked. Add the beef stock, jalapeños + a splash of jalapeños brine.
2. Place the pot (with the lid on) into a 150 Degree oven and cook for at least 3 hours, until the beef falls apart.
3. Once cooked, remove the beef from the oven and using two forks shred the beef. Set aside.
4. Lightly heat a heavy base pan and add a splash of olive oil. Add the beef, paprika, chilli and any other spices you like and quickly heat. Remove from heat.
5. Shred the red cabbage, coriander and dice the avocado ready for everyone to make their own tortillas.
6. Cook tortillas as instructions on the box and you are done!
This recipe does take a little time, but it really is worth all the work! They were delicious!