Growing up, my Dad had a very traditional Italian breakfast most mornings – 1 cup of coffee and a biscotti. While he doesn’t eat this way anymore (reads: his naturopathic daughter made him change his breakfast ways), I know deep down he loves nothing more than that simple breakfast.
This recipe is more of a treat or the afternoon pickme up, its not an ideal breakfast.
This recipe is Gluten free, Grain free, Dairy free, Vegetarian and Paleo
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 1/2 cups of almond meal
1/4 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower seeds + almonds ground)
3 tablespoons honey / rice malt / maple syrup
3 tablespoons olive oil
F I L L I N G
3 tablespoons coconut butter
2 tablespoons black cherry chia jam (or jam of choice)
M E T H O D
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all the biscuit ingredients and mix well to combine.
3. Once mixed, using a tablespoon (or small icecream scoop) roll into desired shapes and place on a lined baking tray.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
6. While the cookies are cooling, melt the coconut butter and spoon onto the cookies. (if adding chia jam add now)
7. Place the cookies on top of each other and place into the fridge for the coconut butter to harden.
Cookies will last up to 4 days by themselves
Health and Happiness,