You can currently find me on under a little hut on the shores of Hikkaduwa beach (South West Sri Lanka), my feet are sandy and i’m sipping warm ginger tea while Rob is out for his morning surf. Now was the perfect time to share this recipe with you, while it is not very Sri Lankan – it is delicious! one of those meals that are quick and easy for when you are hungry but not quite ready for a full meal.
I created this recipe with my friend Crystal over at Honestly Crystal This recipe is a take on Ottolenghi’s beautiful eggplant dish. He uses a buttermilk dressing on his but we changed it up with a Natural Greek Yoghurt, tahini, lemon and roasted sweet garlic dressing. This is done best with small eggplants, it is so simple to make and is the most delicious side to any meal!
This recipe is grain free, gluten free, vegetarian, whole food, refined sugar free.
I N G R E D I E N T S
3 medium eggplants, halved length ways
1 cup of natural greek yoghurt or sheep yoghurt
1 cup of pomegranate jewels
2 tablespoons hulled white tahini
juice of half a lemon
3 whole garlic cloves, roasted
M E T H O D
1. preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
2. place the eggplant onto the baking tray and bake for 3o minutes until tender. (you can add the garlic at this step to roast).
3. In a small bowl mix the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and squashed roasted garlic. Mix well.
4. Remove the eggplant from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Top with the delicious lush yoghurt and sprinkle over chopped parsley and pomegranate jewels.
Health and Happiness from Sunny Sri Lanka x